We are a family that loves to travel. Now that Bubba has graced us with his presence we don’t take
too many any international trips. Disney World has given us a way to visit these countries and sample some of our favorite foods! Epcot is one of my favorite parks at Walt Disney World, but people constantly ask me “what rides are there for toddlers?” Believe it or not, there is so much to do with your family at this park that you might just choose to spend a second day of your vacation there. Here is a list of my top 5 rides for toddlers at Epcot and I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine!
1. Journey Into Imagination with Figment – With Figment the little playful purple dragon as your guide, this slow ride tickles your senses…all of them! Your little one will experience sights, sounds, smells, touch and taste during this journey through the Imagination Institute. Bubba loves this cute little ride and Figment has always been a favorite Disney character for my sister and I when we were growing up. So it warms my heart that this ride is still being enjoyed so many years later!
2. Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – We stumbled upon this one during one of Florida trusty afternoon thunderstorms. I like to think of this as the It’s A Small World – Epcot version. Another slow moving boat ride but this time with videos of the people and places of Mexico as Panchito and Jose Carioca search for our pal Donald Duck. This cute little ride is based on the short film The Three Caballeros and I am sure your little ones will love it as much as mine did!
3. Living with the Land – Disney must love slow moving boat rides and I am glad they do! These rides give us more options especially for our little ones that haven’t learned how to walk yet. Living with the land is an educational ride through greenhouses that shows us where our food comes from. It also shows us the research that is being done to promote healthy eating and how we can live off the land. Keep your eye out for the 9 pound lemons or the Mickey shaped pumpkins!
4. The Seas with Nemo & Friends – Who doesn’t love the movie Finding Nemo? This attraction takes you on an adventure with Dory and Marlin search for Nemo again. Once you board you “clamobile” you will journey into the deep blue sea where you will experience the same friends and some dangers from the movie such as Bruce, Crush and even Squirt! After the ride, don’t forget to visit the real sea life in the aquarium and also Turtle Talk with Crush.
5. Spaceship Earth – Bubba loved this ride because it was inside the 180 foot Epcot ball. We also learned about the history of communications and the role technology played. You travel back to the dawn of recorded history to when people left writings on cave walls. And at the end of the ride you have a chance to design the kind of future you want to live in. Don’t forget this ride so you can see what your tomorrow holds!
What rides did you enjoy or are your family’s favorites? Did I miss one you think should be on the list?