When I first started this website it was to pass on my tips and tricks that I had picked up during our many trips to Disney World. I have stayed true to that but recently I have ventured into some mommyhood stories. So today I am going to get back to my magical happy place and list the top attractions for toddlers at Magic Kingdom! One of the first stories I posted about was Magic Kingdom – Best Rides for Toddlers and I had intended to do this for each park. As Bubba has gotten older, I am realizing that that there is so much to do with babies and toddlers at Disney World. So I have expanded my list of rides to include attractions. Rides are great but you will never forget the first time you see your little one’s eyes light up when they see their first parade or meet their first character!
1. It’s A Small World – Your baby or toddler will love this ride! It has a song that you will never get out of your head, even after you leave Disney World! On this boat ride you travel around the world and experience cultures from each of the different countries. This ride is one of our favorites. I love finding something new each time because there is so much to look at. Also don’t forget it is a slow boat ride inside an air conditioned building and you are out of the sun. Our last trip we went on this twice in one day! Fast Pass offered on this ride.
2. Enchanted Tales with Belle – Who doesn’t love to act out a story?? Especially when it is with Belle from Beauty and the Beast! This cute little interactive storytelling experience was a great way to let Bubba stretch his legs. We played the part of Maurice’s horse. Also at the end you have a chance to meet with Belle and take pictures too! Fast Pass offered on this ride.
3. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor – This interactive comedy show features Mike Wazowski and some of his friends. These monsters transport you to a comedy club in Monstropolis and you can even text them a joke to use during the show. Bubba loves Monsters Inc. and I laughed so hard I cried. Definitely a must see! Fast Pass offered on this ride.
4. Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid – Join Princess Ariel on her journey that starts under the sea. On this slow moving ride you will become part of her world and meet Sebastian and Flounder. And you will run into Ursula but not to worry she isn’t as scary as she is in the movie. Also take advantage to meet Princess Ariel in person after the ride in her grotto and get her autograph! Fast Pass offered on this ride.
5. Walt Disney World Railroad – For a little boy who loves trains, this is a must do each trip for us. Trains were a love of Walt Disney’s as well. One of the trains is even named after him, the Walter E. Disney. We love the ride around the park and the nice breeze while riding in the open carriage is a bonus. If you rent a stroller in the park, you can take your stuff with you and get off at another stop and pick up another rental.
6. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – This slow moving ride takes you on a journey to the Gamma Quadrant to help Buzz Lightyear defeat the evil Emperor Zurg. You ride through this attraction in your own Star Cruiser and fire invisible lasers from your onboard cannon. Bubba loves this ride but he doesn’t quite have the shooting down yet. He has always loved the ride as there is a lot to see and he is a huge Toy Story fan! Fast Pass offered on this ride and suggested since the standby lines can often be long.
7. Country Bear Jamboree – We love this cooky musical revue with those lovable audio-animatronic bears. And it is another attraction that is inside out of the sun. Bubba thinks this is one of the funniest things. He is an outdoorsy little guy and this is right up his alley. And who doesn’t love a bunch of stuff animal heads singing and talking on the walls! For me this is more nostalgic since this is one of the last attractions still around that Walt Disney personally helped develop. Either way this is sure to be a family favorite!
8. Jungle Cruise – Take a ride on a tramp steamer (boat) through some of the most remote rivers and jungles. Don’t be afraid you have a well experienced and humorous skipper to keep you safe and out of trouble. You will get to experience gorillas in the Congo, elephants and hippos along the Nile, and baboons and cobras along the Mekong River. This ride is one of our family favorites at Magic Kingdom and this gives us a taste of the Animal Kingdom park without a park hopper option. Fast Pass offered on this ride and suggested since the standby lines can often be long.
9. Peter Pan’s Flight – This is my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom and it is my must do every time we visit. I am not sure if it is the story line from Peter Pan or the fact that I really haven’t enjoyed “growing up”. Peter Pan’s Flight is a slow moving ride that takes you along Peter Pan’s journey to Neverland and his battles with Captain Hook. This ride is a wonderful adaption of a well loved Disney classic! Fast Pass offered on this ride and it highly suggested. The wait times for standby are normally over 45 minutes and I have seen it at 95 minutes and that wasn’t on a busy weekend.
10. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – And last but certainly not least, who doesn’t love that tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff! You will make your way through some of the beloved stories in a hunny pot that glides, bounces, and swirls along your journey with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. We decorated Bubba’s nursery in a Winnie the Pooh theme so he is very familiar with these stories. He also loves playing with the interactive games provided along the wait line. Another must see for the entire family! Fast Pass offered on this ride and suggested since the standby lines can often be long.
These are our family’s favorite attractions at Magic Kingdom and are normally on our to do list when we visit. I didn’t include the parades or stage shows at Cinderella’s Castle but these are great for all ages. Especially the Main Street Electrical Parade. I am probably in the minority but I love that music!!
What are your family’s favorites? Did I leave anything off that you would have added??