Most people go to Walt Disney World for the parks, but there are some that go for just the food! And I can see why, Disney knows how to offer you the most delicious and memorable culinary experiences. I enjoy both and love finding new places to try out each time. I am not sure I will ever be able to try all of the restaurants but here are my favorites so far.
- ‘Ohana Character Breakfast at Disney’ Polynesian Resort – This character breakfast is a family favorite of ours. We are big fans of Lilo and Stitch (Bubba loves to impersonate Stitch!) and of course having Mickey and Pluto there just sweetens the deal. My favorite three things at this breakfast are the family style atmosphere, all you can eat Mickey waffles, and the Stitch juice is so refreshing. The family style atmosphere worked so well for us when Bubba couldn’t walk. They bring all the food to your table and it is served family style. Also the characters come to your table. I have heard the juice is made from passion fruit juice, guava juice, and orange juice. An added bonus to this character breakfast is you can jump on the monorail and be at Magic Kingdom in minutes!
- Boma – Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – This table service buffet restaurant came recommended to us and turned out to be one of my all time favorites. This buffet gives you the option of sampling flavors from over 50 African countries. It is a savory meat and potatoes sort of restaurant. Even Bubba liked it and tasted some of the African food, but there were chicken nuggets there just in case. My favorites were the butternut squash soup and the spice-crusted beef striploin. Bubba’s favorite part is when the drummers come walking through the restaurant playing their drums. They even let Bubba play with them which led to us buying a small one for him at the gift shop.
- Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room at Disney’s Epcot – My husband was born in England and his mother is still a British citizen. We are very used to eating British food and I love it! The Rose & Crown is the only table service restaurant that we repeat every trip. And we normally order that same things. We did switch it up a little on our last trip, but it wouldn’t be a trip to Disney without my bangers and mash! Also if you haven’t ever tried a Scotch Egg, you really are missing out on a savory treat!
- Flame Tree BBQ at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park – We try and find places to sit down and rest for our meals, but even our budget won’t allow for table service restaurants every meal. So this past trip I researched quick service options and found this little gem. We did stumble upon it on a previous trip because it has shaded seating on the water. We were pleasantly surprised with the food. I had the pulled pork sandwich with onion rings and it was fabulous. The best thing about this quick service restaurant is that it isn’t crowded and you have an amazing view of Expedition Everest. I normally feel claustrophobic in the big quick service areas. Cosmic Ray’s gives me an anxiety attack just thinking about it!
- Be Our Guest at Disney’s Magic Kingdom – We were lucky to have received a Fast Pass option to try out the quick service lunch option at Be Our Guest. I was so excited after reading the menu and then to be able to preorder so it was ready when we got there. The Croque Monsieur was one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. And wow even the fries were amazing! And to top off a perfect meal, they give you a little rose shaped device and bring your food to your table. So it is like a table service meal but without the high costs!! We plan on being their guest more often. And we did try the grey stuff and it was delicious!!
What are your favorites restaurants? I am always looking for more to test out!