You all know I love me some Disney, seriously who doesn’t!! And I love to pass on my knowledge to anyone that will listen. So I had the opportunity recently to help out my sister by guest posting on her website. She is also a mommy blogger, but a longer more well established blogger than I am. Her and her husband recently bought their first home. And if it isn’t hard enough to move, try juggling a one and two year old and a husband who can’t take time off because it is football season and he works for an NFL team! So she asked me to write a few posts on my Disney experiences to help her out while they moved. Here is the most recent post and please check out her website The Uncoordinated Mommy for my other guest posts.
Let’s face it, you can get carried away and spend a fortune at Disney! When we had our son, we decided that I would stay at home and I have loved every minute of it. The only down side to staying home is that we went from two incomes to one. I have gotten very good at taking advantage of the free things in life. Otherwise known as perks! Who doesn’t love going to Disney and taking advantage of all of the free perks!
Here’s some free things you will love sharing with your family on your next trip to Disney:
- Celebration Buttons – when checking into any Disney resort, let them know you are there for a special occasion, ie. family reunion, birthday, anniversary, first visit. Cast Members around the parks and resort will congratulate you on your special occasion. On my son’s second birthday, people kept wishing him a happy birthday. He loved it!
- Stickers – All cast members have free stickers to hand out at their stations. These come in handy when your toddler is having a meltdown. Who doesn’t love a Mickey Mouse sticker???
- Free photographer – While PhotoPass is a wonderful option with very capable photographers, did you know they will also take a picture or two with your own camera or smart phone? Also during character meet and greets, their photographers will take pictures for you with your own camera there as well.
- Delivery of purchases – During your visit to any of the parks, make sure and take advantage of the delivery option when you are staying at a Disney resort. After you purchase an item, you can have it delivered to your resort instead of lugging it around with you the rest of the day. This option is available all but the last day of your stay.
- Parking – If you stay at any Disney resort, your parking at any of the parks is free. Also, the bus or monorail is the perfect way to travel to and from the parks from the resorts. And those are free too!
- Campfire and movie – There is a wonderful campfire program at Ft. Wilderness that your little ones will love. This is open for free to all Walt Disney World resort guests. It is held every evening, at about 7:00 pm in fall and winter and about 8:00 pm in spring and summer, near the Meadow Trading Post. The program starts with a sing-a-long and marshmallow roast. You can bring your own food and Chip and Dale meets with guests and sign autographs. Then a Disney movie is shown on a large outdoor screen. There is some seating on bleachers and benches, or you can lay out a blanket.
- Free Sugar Cookies and Hot Chocolate – This is one of my favorite perks during the holidays. The Magic Kingdom offers free cookies and hot chocolate through out the evening at different stations. And it is all free!!! It is only available during the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party held November 8, 2013 through December 20, 2013. This is a wonderful way for your little ones to view the park. Not only do they get you hyped up on sugar for free, there are no waiting lines and it is open during the evening so it is nice and cool.