One of the great things about Epcot is that it is an educational gold mine! Where else can you go and learn about the future of technological innovations as well as experience the culture and foods of 11 countries from around the world. We love that we can walk through the United Kingdom pavilion and talk with a cast member from the UK about their culture and where they are from. This is always fun because we have family from the UK!! On our last trip I learned about a neat little craft called Epcot’s Kidcot Fun Stops. This awesome idea kept our little one occupied while we walked around all of the pavilions.
Epcot’s Kidcot Fun Stops is a fun option for children to learn more about each one of the countries in the World Showcase. Stop at the first country and pick up a complimentary cardboard Duffy the Disney Bear hand fan at the Kidcot Fun Stop. There will be cast members at each stop to share with your little ones all about their culture and where they are from. They will also give you a stamp and draw something relevant to their country on the back of the fan. You can visit each Kidcot Fun Stop and collect them all!
On our next trip I am going to purchase a World Showcase Passport. These can be found at most of the checkouts at each county. The passports come with a Mickey Mouse button and stickers for each country! I noticed a few kids that had these and it makes it much easier for the parents to carry these around. With the rain (which happens almost every afternoon in Florida!), ours got a little wet and I was worried about it getting damaged.
Here is a list of where you can find the Epcot’s Kidcot Fun Stops:
- Mexico Pavilion – near Animales Fantasticos
- Norway Pavilion – at the Puffin’s Roost
- China Pavilion – near the exit of Reflections of China
- Germany Pavilion – at Volkunst
- Italy Pavilion – outside, near La Bottega Italiana
- American Adventure Pavilion – outside, near Heritage Manor Gifts
- Japan Pavilion – in the Bijutsu-kan Gallery
- Morocco Pavilion – at the Marketplace in the Medina
- France Pavilion – at Souvenirs de France
- United Kingdom Pavilion – at The Toy Soldier
- Canada Pavilion – at the exit of O Canada!