Ever thought about how much knowledge you picked up from your childhood? My childhood didn’t consist of many Superheros or at least I don’t remember them. But my adorable little three year old put me to the test tonight!
Bubba has crossed over to the dark side! He has been telling me for months that he wants to be Darth Vader. Thank goodness they make the costume in his size. But does anyone else think he looks like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs???
Happy Halloween! Enjoy this fun holiday eating your kids candy… I mean watching your kids trick or treat! But in all seriousness, who goes through their kids bags and takes out their favorites. (Me raising my hand!)
I knew this day would come and I have dreaded it for almost three years now. We have finally reached the pinnacle of potty training. I knew it was going to be tough and I knew it was going to test my patience… but come on! Can’t they just wear diapers and learn how to clean themselves?? Today I literally yelled “Curse You Potty Training!!” Okay maybe not those exact words but this is a family friendly website so that is what you get!!
Are you at that point in your life where your kid start asking to go to the potty? We are there! I went out and purchased about 10 pairs of underwear and two small potties – of which he doesn’t use either of the potties.
I wanted to pass on to you my top tips for potty training boys. You can probably use some of these for girls too. But since I am going through this now, maybe you can benefit from some of our experiences.
1. Boys need to face the tank when they pee. I found this out the hard way after Bubba peed on me one morning. My sister keep telling me but I wouldn’t listen.
2. Boys can pee standing up when outside! I just strip Bubba down to his birthday suit and aim him off the porch. Thank goodness we live on four acres. Although my mom said I tried this on the courthouse circle when I was growing up!
3. Crocs are your best friend at this time. They rinse off easily when there are accidents.
4. Flushable wipes – Bubba doesn’t like me using toilet paper on his behind. Pull Ups makes a good option for home and Cottonelle makes these great travel packs for on the go.
5. Hand Sanitizer – need I say more!
What are some tips you wish you would have known before you started the great potty wars?